Wednesday 31 May 2017

Perfectly Flawed

Hey all

Welcome back to another of my blog posts... Today I have a mixed media canvas to share with you all.

This canvas I worked on over a few days as I had no clue where I was going with it let alone what materials I was going to use.... This all started with just a plain canvas which I then covered in Matt Medium and torn up book pages, then I put gesso over the whole thing and it evolved from there.

So here is Perfectly Flawed


In the picture above it does not show how bright and vibrant this piece really is, so I managed to get another picture of it to show how this....


I just love love love how bright and vibrant this piece came out, Here is a list of products I have used to do this canvas:

Canvas 20 x 20cm
Visible Image Stamp Set - Face It 
Visible Image Stamp Set - Own It 
Visible Image Stamp Set - Create It
Torn Book Pages
Matt Medium
Gesso 
Masking Tape 
Lindy's Stamp Gang Magicals - Blazing Black, Urban Amethyst, Luminous Lemon and Poppin' Pink
Crackle Paste 
Crackle Medium
Versafine Onyx Black Ink Pad 
Archival - Watering Can Ink Pad
Tip Top Taupe Ink Spray (Home Made)
Dylusions Paint - Black, White and Slate Grey

I hope you like what I have done with this canvas as much as I have bringing it to life, I love how vibrant and bright it is and the pictures just do not do it justice. It was so much fun making this as I did not plan anything out with it at all and I defo want to try this more and more just to see what happens, as they say there are no mistakes in crafting just happy accidents.

Xx The Crafty Bat xX

I would like to enter this into the following challenges:
Crafty Setiments - Not A Card
Simon Says Stamp - Anything Goes 
Crafting By Designs - Anything Goes 
Love To CreateAnything Creative/Mixed Media Goes
Mixed Media World - Anything Mixed Media Goes With A Twist (Moodboard) 
Dare 2 B Artzy - Girly 
Artistic Inspiration - Anything Goes/flowers theme optional
A Vintage Journey - Use A Quote


7 comments:

  1. A fantastic canvas and never a truer word... some of the best work comes from happy accidents. Thank you for joining us at A Vintage Journey xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. awesoem design and use of color! I am so glad you played along with us at simon says stamp wednesday challenge!

    blog-paperie blooms
    ig-2klines

    sparkle & shine, kindness *~*

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a great project! I love the colors and the stamps you used for this.

    Thank you for joining us at Crafty Sentiments Designs for our Not a Card challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great project thanks for joining us at Crafting by Designs good luck

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love it Kelly. Gorgeous colours and textures xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. A beautiful piece of art..Lov ethe choice of colors..Thank you so much for joining us at Crafty Creations Challenges. Hugs xx Deepti Aggarwal

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very curious creation! Thank you for sharing with us at MMW~!

    ReplyDelete